The privacy protection and the protection of personal rights from our customers are very important to us. Data which is collected during the visit to our website, is processed considering the valid data protection regulations, particularly the German Telemedia Act (TMG), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), as well as the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). In the following we would like to further explain how we collect personal data from our customers and how we process and use this data.
2- Responsible authority
Responsible according to Article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) is
Mrs. Charlotte Kramer
D-84359 Simbach am Inn
Tel.: +49 (0)8571 926129
Fax.: +49 (0)8571 8533
3- Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform about the collection of personal data while using our website www.livingmanuscripts.com and subpages (hereinafter called “website”), as well as our application “Living Manuscripts” (hereinafter called “APP”). Personal data is all information related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email, usage pattern.
(2) While contacting us by email, we save the data provided by you (your email, if applicable your name and your telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete any data in connection with your inquiry as soon as the data storage is no longer needed, or we restrict the data processing, if statutory storage obligations exist.
(3) While using the APP and in order to access additional content, the user needs to provide a valid e-mail. We save the data provided by you in order to be able to contact you in the future in order to provide you with information and news about our company and products, as well as about any updates in relation to the APP. We delete any data as soon as the data storage is no longer needed, or we restrict the data processing, if statutory storage obligations exist.
(4) Your data (your e-mail, if applicable your name and your telephone number) is used for receiving information from our side. You have the possibility to reject from it at any time by sending an e-mail with the title „Unsubscribe – please don’t contact me” to firstname.lastname@example.org
(5) Any further disclosure of personal data to third parties does not take place.
(6) In case we rely on contracted providers for single features of certain areas of our website or we want to use your data for advertising purposes, we inform you below in detail about the respective processes. In doing so we also mention the defined criteria of the storage period.
4- Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us concerning your personal data:
- Right of access, article 15 EU GDPR
- Right to rectification or to erasure, article 16 and 17 EU GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing, article 18 EU GDPR
- Right to data portability, article 20 EU GDPR
- Right to object, article 21 EU GDPR.
(2) You also have the right to complain at a data protection authority about the processing of your personal data by us. For instance you are able to contact the following regulatory authority: Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA), Promenade 27, 91522 Ansbach, www.lda.bayern.de.
5- Collection of personal data while visiting our website
(1) For only informational use of the website, thus when you neither register to the website nor provide us with any other information, we only collect the personal data which your browser is transmitting to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary in order to display our website and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of demand (specific page)
- Access status/ HTTP status code
- Transmitted data volume at a time
- Website, from where the demand comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
(2) Additionally to the previously mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer while using our website. Cookies are small text files, which are saved on your hard drive to ease and accelerate future visits of our website. Cookies are not able to execute any programs or to transmit any virus. They serve to make the Internet offer in general more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following type of cookies, whereas their extent and functionality is described below:
- Transient cookies (thereto b)
- Persistent cookies (thereto c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically erased when you close the browser. In particular, these include the session cookies. These session cookies store a so-called session ID, with which different demands of your browsers can be assigned to the joint session. Thus your computer will be recognized, if you return to our website. The session cookies are erased, once you logout or you close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically erased after a given period, which can differentiate according to every cookie. You are able to delete the cookies manually in your security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You are able to configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for instance you are able to reject the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features of the website.
f) The used flash cookies are not stored by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. Further we use HTML5 storage objects, which are filed on your terminal device. These objects store the relevant data regardless of the used browser and do not have any automatic expiration date. If you don’t want the processing of flash cookies, you will need to install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You are able to prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects while setting your browser in private mode. We also recommend to regularly deleting your cookies as well as your browser history manually.
6- Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of the Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files which are stored on your computer and which allows an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website (including your IP address) will be passed on to a Google server in the USA and saved there. Upon activation of the IP anonymisation for this website, your IP address is abbreviated within the member states of the European Union or other signatories of the agreement over the European economic area by Google. Only in exceptional cases the complete IP address is passed on a server of Google in the USA for abbreviation. On behalf of the website publisher, Google will use this information for analysing your use of the website, compiling reports about the website activities and providing related services regarding the website usage and the Internet use towards the website operator.
(2) The transmitted IP address, which is passed on within the scope of Google Analytics and your browser is not merged with any data from Google.
(3) Your are able to prevent the storage of cookies with an appropriate setting of your browser software; please note that in this case you may not be able to entirely use all features of the website. Further you are able to prevent the storage generated by the cookie about the use of this website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the available browser plug-in under following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension „anonymizeIp()“. Thus the IP addresses are only processed further in abbreviated form to prevent them being directly linked to a particular individual. So far as the data obtained about you corresponds to a direct personal reference, this data is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of our website and to be able to regularly improve it. Thanks to the gained statistics we are able to improve our offer and to make it more interesting for you as user. For the exceptional cases that personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR.
(6) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html, as well as the privacy statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
7- Use of Jetpack/ former WordPress.com-Stats
(1) This website uses the web analysis service Jetpack (former: WordPress.com-Stats) for analysing the website usage and for being able to regularly improve the website. Thanks to the gained statistics we are able to improve our offer and to make it more interesting for you as user. Further we use the system for actions to protect the safety of the website, e.g. detection of attacks or viruses. For the exceptional cases that personal data is transmitted to the USA, Automattic Inc. is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Jetpack is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR.
(2) Cookies (see paragraph 5 for details) are stored on your computer for this analysis. The collected information is stored on a server in the USA. If you prevent the storage of cookies, please note that you probably won’t be able to entirely use the website. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible by an appropriate setting in your browser or if you confirm the button “Click here to Opt-out” under http://www.quantcast.com/opt-out.
(3) This website uses Jetpack with an extension in order to directly abbreviate the IP address after its elicitation for processing, thus to exclude a direct personal reference.
(4) Information about the third-party provider: Automattic Inc., 60 29 th Street #343, San Francisco, CA 94110–4929, USA, https://automattic.com/privacy, as well as the third-party provider of the tracking technology: Quantcast Inc., 201 3 rd St, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94103–3153, USA, https://www.quantcast.com/privacy.
8- Use of AddThis-Bookmarking
(1) Our website uses AddThis-plug-ins. These plug-ins allow you the setting of bookmarks or rather the sharing of interesting contents with other users. Over the plug-ins we provide you with the possibility to interact with the social networks and with other users, in order to improve the offer and to make it more interesting for you as user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR.
(2) With the help of these plug-ins your Internet browser sets up a direct connection with the AddThis servers and if applicable with the chosen social network or bookmarking service. The recipients receive the information that you have called up the relevant website from our online offer, and the data which is mentioned under paragraph 5 of this statement. This information is processed on the AddThis servers in the USA. If you send content from our website to social networks or bookmarking services, a connection between your visit to our website and your user profile at the respective network can be established. We neither have any influence on the collected data and data processing, nor are we informed about the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the data processing and the period of retaining such data. Further we have no information about the erasure of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores your personal data as usage profile and uses the data for advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of their website. Such an analysis occurs in particular (also for users which are not logged-in) for the display of needs-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of contradiction against the creation of this user profiles, whereas you have to directly contact the respective plug-in provider.
(4) If you don’t want to take part in this procedure you are able to object to the data collection and storage at any time by setting an Opt-out-cookie with effect for the future: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively you are able to prohibit in your browser settings the installation of cookies.
(5) Further information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing through the plug-in provider, as well as regarding your rights and configuration options to protect your privacy can be viewed at: AddThis LLC, 1595 Spring Hill Road, Sweet 300, Vienna, VA 22182, USA, http://www.addthis.com/privacy.
9- Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offer. These videos are saved on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are included in the “enhanced data protection mode”, which means that no data about you as user is transferred to YouTube in case of not playing the videos. Only when playing the video the data mentioned in paragraph 5 of this statement is transferred. We do not have any influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the respective site on our website. Moreover the data mentioned in paragraph 5 of this statement is transmitted. This shall apply regardless of weather YouTube provides a user account where you are logged in, or in case no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google your data will be directly linked to your existing account. If you don’t want to be linked to your YouTube profile you will need to log-off before you activate the button. YouTube stores your personal data as usage profile and uses the data for advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of their website. Such an analysis occurs in particular (also for users which are not logged-in) for the display of needs-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of contradiction against the creation of this user profiles, whereas you have to directly contact with YouTube.
(3) Further information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing through YouTube, as well as regarding your rights and configuration options to protect your privacy can be viewed at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. YouTube is operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The legal basis for the integration of the videos is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR.
10- Use of Google AdSense
(1) This website uses the online advertising service Google AdSense, allowing to present you personalized ads tailor-made to your interests. In doing so, we are pursuing the aim to show you ads which might be of interest to you and to make our website more interesting for our users. Hereto statistical information about you is collected which our media partners process. These ads are marked with the note “Google ads”.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the respective site on our website. For this purpose Google uses a so-called Web Beacon, in order to set a cookie on your computer. The data mentioned in paragraph 5 of this statement is transmitted. We neither have any influence on the collected data and data processing, nor are we informed about the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the data processing and the period of retaining such data. Your data is transmitted to the USA and processed there. If you are logged-in with a Google account your data can be directly assigned to it. If you don’t want to be linked to your Google profile you will need to log-off. It is possible that this data is forwarded to contractual partners of Google, to third parties and public authorities. The legal basis for the processing of your data is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR. This website does not place any ads from third parties through Google AdSense.
(3) You are able to prevent the installation of cookies from Google AdSense in different ways: a) by an appropriate adjustment of your browser software, particularly with an oppression of third party cookies, no ads of third-party providers are received; b) by deactivating the interest-based ads of Google using the link http://www.google.de/ads/preferences, whereby this setting is deleted once you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads from the providers forming part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted once you delete your cookies; d) by a permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome using the linkhttp://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you might not be able to entirely use all features of this offer.
(4) For further information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing, as well as regarding your rights and configuration options to protect your privacy, please contact: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; data protection conditions for advertising: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
11- Use of Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use the offer of Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive offer. This is done by the means of advertising media, so-called Google Adwords. In relation to the advertising campaign data we are able to find out how successful single promotional measures are. It is in our interest to show you ads which are interesting for you, to make our website more interesting and to reach a fair calculation of advertising expenses.
(2) These means of advertising are delivered by Google through the so-called “Ad Server”. Thus we use Ad Server cookies, which allow measuring certain parameters for the performance measurement, like the display of campaigns or clicks by the users. Provided that you reached our website via a Google Ad, a Google Adword cookie is saved on your computer. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and should not serve to personally identify you. In general together with this cookie the following analytical values are stored: unique cookie-ID, total ad impressions per location (frequency), last impression (relevant for post view conversions) as well as opt-out information (identification that the user does not want to be addressed anymore).
(3) These cookies allow Google to recognize your Internet browser. Provided that a user visits certain pages of the website from an Adword client and the cookie, saved on his computer, has not yet expired, Google and the client are able to recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. To every Adword client another cookie is assigned. Therefore cookies cannot be retraced via websites from Adword clients. We do neither store nor process any personal data during the mentioned advertising campaigns. We only receive from Google statistical analyses. Thanks to this analyses we are able to see which promotional campaigns were highly effective. We do not receive further data from the use of advertising media; furthermore we are not able to identify the user by this information.
(4) Due to the used marketing tool the browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We do not have any influence on the collected data and the data processing during the use of this tool by Google and inform you about it regarding our state of knowledge: By the use of AdWords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up a corresponding part of our internet performance or that you have clicked an ad from us. If you are logged-in with a Google account your data can be directly assigned to it. Even though you are not registered or logged-in by Google, the possibility exists that the provider finds out your IP address and saves it.
(5) You can prevent the participation to this tracking process in different ways: a) by an appropriate adjustment of your browser software, particularly with an oppression of third party cookies, no ads of third-party providers are received; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking, adjusting your browser settings that cookies from the domain „www.googleadservices.com“ are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting is deleted once you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads from the providers forming part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted once you delete your cookies; d) by a permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome using the linkhttp://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you might not be able to entirely use all features of this offer.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR. Further information on the data protection by Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively you are able to visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) under http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We use the application Google Remarketing besides Adwords Conversion. This is a method where we wish to contact you again. This application makes it possible to show you our ads during your Internet use and after your visit to our website. This happens with the help of cookies, which are stored on your browser, and through them your usage behaviour is captured and analysed during the visits of different websites by Google. This allows Google to identify your former visit to our website. A merger of the collected data in the course of the remarketing and your personalized data, which are stored by Google if necessary, does not occur according to Google. Above all according to Google a pseudonymization is used during remarketing. The legal basis for the processing of your data is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f EU GDPR.
13- Use of ZOOM
(1) We use ZOOM to hold teleconferences, online meetings, video conferences and/or webinars (hereinafter: “Online Meetings”). ZOOM is a service provided by Zoom Video Communications, Inc. located at 55 Almaden Blvd, Suite 600, San Jose, CA 95113, USA (hereinafter “ZOOM”).
(2) If you access the ZOOM website, the ZOOM provider is responsible for data processing. However, you only need to call up the website to use ZOOM to download the software for using ZOOM. You can also use ZOOM if you enter the respective meeting ID and any other access data for the meeting directly in the ZOOM app. If you do not want or cannot use the ZOOM app, the basic functions can also be used via a browser version, which you can also find on the ZOOM website.
(3) Various types of data are processed when using ZOOM. The scope of the data also depends on the data you provide before or when participating in an “online meeting”. The following personal data are processed:
– User information (first name, last name, telephone – optional, email address, password – if “single sign-on” is not used, profile picture – optional, department – optional)
– Meeting metadata (topic, description, participant IP addresses, device/hardware information)
– For recordings (optional): MP4 file of all video, audio and presentation recordings, M4A file of all audio recordings, text file of the online meeting chat.
– When dialing in with the phone: Information on the incoming and outgoing phone number, country name, start and end time. Possibly, further connection data such as the IP address of the device can be saved.
– Text-, audio- and video data: You may have the option of using the chat, question or survey functions in an “online meeting”. In this respect, the text entries you make are processed in order to display them in the “online meeting” and, if necessary, to record them. In order to enable the display of video and the playback of audio, the data from the microphone of your terminal device and any video camera on the terminal device are processed accordingly during the duration of the meeting. You can switch off or mute the camera or microphone yourself at any time using the ZOOM applications.
In order to take part in an “online meeting” or to enter the “meeting room”, you must at least provide information about your name.
(4) We use ZOOM to conduct “online meetings”. If we want to record “online meetings”, we will inform you transparently in advance and – if necessary – ask for your consent. The fact of the recording is also displayed in the ZOOM app. If necessary for the purpose of logging the results of an online meeting, we will transcript the chat content. However, this will usually not be the case. In the case of webinars, we can also process the questions asked by webinar participants for the purpose of recording and following up webinars. If you are registered as a user at ZOOM, reports on “online meetings” (meeting metadata, data on telephone dial-in, questions and answers in webinars, survey function in webinars) can be saved at ZOOM for up to one month. An automated decision-making within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR is not used.
(5) If, in connection with the use of ZOOM, personal data are not required for the establishment, implementation or termination of the employment relationship, but are nevertheless an elementary part of the use of ZOOM, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR the legal basis for data processing. In these cases, we are interested in the effective implementation of “online meetings”. In addition, the legal basis for data processing when conducting “online meetings” is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR, insofar as the meetings are held in the context of contractual relationships. If there is no contractual relationship, the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Here, too, we are interested in the effective implementation of “online meetings”.
(6) Personal data that are processed in connection with participation in “online meetings” are generally not passed on to third parties unless they are intended to be passed on. Please note that content from “online meetings” as well as from personal meetings is often used to communicate information with customers, interested parties or third parties and is therefore intended to be passed on. The provider of ZOOM necessarily receives knowledge of the above-mentioned data, insofar as this is provided for in our order processing contract with ZOOM.
(7) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Further information on data protection at ZOOM can be found here: https://zoom.us/privacy-and-legal and https://zoom.us/privacy.